DIY REPLENISHING DEEP CONDITIONING HAIR TREATMENT
Published in Heathers Treasure, July 4th, 2015
Do you like to make your own Beauty/Skin Care Products?
Spend hours on Pinterest, looking for the latest DIY recipe that you want to do?
Or see DIY Recipes that you’d love to try, but you have the money/knowledge of where to get the ingredients?
I’m very familiar with the 3rd option listed, I don’t have the money to spend $60 on Essential Oils and then everything else needed.
A few months ago, a budget friendly company called Oil Essentials gave me an opportunity to try 3 of their Oils. I received Prevent (Sweet Almond & Macadamia), Nourish (Seabuckthorn Berry and Borage), and Replenish (Argan and Wheat Germ)!
After reading the benefits of each bottle I received from Oil Essentials, I was inspired to come up with my own DYI recipes. Over the next week, I am going to be sharing 3 DIY recipes (each featuring one of the Oil Essentials). Each recipe is super duper simple, and the ingredients are all items that you have in the house (If not, they’re very affordable!).
There is more information about Oil Essentials at the end of the post.
Todays recipe is a DIY Replenishing Deep Conditioning Treatment. I decided to make this after reading the benefits on Oil Essentials website, and Replenish provides:
- The oil has a light, nutty aroma, delicately nourishing and moisturizing skin, while improving its elasticity.
- Argan oil is a rich source of essential fatty acids, Vitamins A, D and E, and protects skin from free radicals.
- Prevents moisture loss without clogging pores, allowing the skin to breathe and release natural sebum.
- Wheat germ oil has been used to rejuvenate dry, irritated skin.
- An excellent conditioner for hair – smoothing split ends and soothing scaly, dry scalp.
DYI REPLENISHING DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT
- Coconut Oil
- Hair Conditioner (What ever you’d like to use)
- Oil Essentials [Replenish]
- Container For Finished Product. Like a Mason Jar, or a Plastic Container
- A Bowl to mix everything in
- A Spoon
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of Solid Coconut Oil into a bowl.
- Add 10 drops of your Oil Essentials “Replenish” in the bowl. Using a spoon, mix the Oil Essentials into the Coconut oil very well. (This way you know the Oil is evenly distributed!)
- Grab your bottle of Conditioner and start squeezing! You want there to be 2x more conditioner then there is Coconut oil.
- Using your spoon, mix the Conditioner in with the other ingredients. You’ll notice the conditioner starting to have a thicker consistency (Which is what you want).
- Once everything is mixed together very well, scoop your Replenishing Deep Conditioning Treatment into the Container you want to store it.
And that’s it! How super easy is that?!
HOW TO USE:
The Replenishing Deep Conditioning Treatment is perfect for both your Hair and Scalp. So make sure you rub it all over your Scalp,then continue to cover the rest of your hair (Don’t forget your ends! This Treatment will help smooth out any split ends).
You’ll want to leave this on your hair for 20 minutes. Once your done, Rinse the treatment out, then Wash, Condition, and Style as you normally would!
Bonus DIY Recipe: Make your own DYI Detangle Spray, using the same Replenishing Deep Conditioning Treatment you just made!
All you need to do is put 2 Tablespoons** into a spray bottle, then fill the rest with water! Shake the bottle very well, then BOOM! You got yourself an excellent DIY Detangle Spray!
** The amount of Deep Conditioner you put in your water bottle depends on the size of your bottle. I’m using a 16 oz. Spray Bottle. If you’re using a smaller bottle, don’t put the same amount of D. Conditioner. If your bottle is bigger, put in a little more! Easy Peasy!
I hope you enjoyed the 1st DIY recipe (Out of 3) using Oil Essentials! The next one to look forward to is a DIY Nourishing Makeup Remover Pads, and the 3rd is a DIY Sweet Almond and Macadamia Lip Scrub. I will publish each recipe a day apart from each other. So make sure you check back! Or you can subscribe to Heathers Treasure, which notifies you every time a new post is published (Simply enter your email in the “Subscribe” section under this post or on the sidebar).
If you’re interested in seeing all the different kinds of Oil Essentials, and the amazing list of benefits that each one offers on Oil Essentials website! Want to hear the best part? You can buy these bottles of awesomeness at your local Rite aid and Walmartfor only $10.99!
Now it’s your turn! Are there any DIY recipes that you love so much, and make on a regular basis? I’d love to hear them! Feel free to share in the comment section below (If you’d like, you can share a link to a blog post that features your favorite DIY recipe). I’d love to be able to make more that include my new Oil Essentials.
Thank you for stopping by! And feel free to stick around, there are a lot of goodies on Heathers Treasure!
To read the full article click here.